I'm very new at this so it will be very simple to start with. I hope to improve quickly to make this page eye catching. I don't know how I'll have time to keep up with this blog as I already forget to check facebook, but I will try. Our hope is to keep family and friends up to date on events in our family, which brings us to December 2008 ALREADY!
Brent has been home from Iraq for a year already. Time is going by so very fast. It doesn't seem like it's been that long, but he has adjusted almost back to normal. The most asked question is when will Brent have to go back? As of right now Brent has orders to return in 2010. We are praying he will not have to go back at all, but we know that God is control no matter what happens.
The girls are doing well in school. Jessica is in 8th grade and Rebekah is in 3rd. Jessica is learning to write mostly and we are really concentrating on pre-algebra. Jessica loves crocheting and history! Rebekah is still learning reading skills and basic math. We are just getting into telling time and multiplication. The biggest challenge for us is working independently. Rebekah loves P.E. and cooking!
We are getting ready to celebrate the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ! It's our favorite time of year and Florida has even had some weather fitting to the season. Our tree is trimmed, our lights are on the house, some presents are under the tree and the girls are counting down. Rebekah tells us every day how many days til Christmas and every day she says,"I wish it were Christmas Eve today!"
We celebrate Advent every Sunday night which consists of Scripture reading, lighting of candles, hanging ornaments, and either baking cookies, watching home videos, sleeping under the Christmas tree and last of all delivering surprise goodies to our neighbors and friends. This is the first year we've ventured to do all the activities with our Bible reading so the girls are realy looking forward to it.
We hope that you and yours have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Keep checking back for updated posts and pictures!
Love,
The Gordon's
Saturday, December 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment